WILLEMSTAD - From July 1, 2020, a maximum of 10,000 passengers will be welcomed to the island so that there will be a minimal pressure on the local health system. As Curaçao’s reopening happens in phases, Curaçao looks forward to welcome visitors out of the following countries as per July 1st:
Before your departure you have to take these 3 mandatory steps on dicardcuracao.com:
- Complete the digital immigration card online before departure at dicardcuracao.com.
- Within 48 hours before departure, you need to digitally fill out the Passenger Locator Card (PLC) and carry a printed document of proof with you. You may do so at dicardcuracao.com.
- Each visitor entering Curaçao will need to show a negative result from a certified COVID-19 PCR-test and carry a printed document of proof with them. The test is taken max. 72 hours prior to departure at an accredited laboratory. You may contact your general practitioner for a referral to the nearest institution. You will be required to upload the negative test results of the COVID-19 PCR-test on dicardcuracao.com before departure.
Please note the following entry conditions for all travelers:
- You have not travelled to another country where there is a high-risk of COVID-19 infections within 14 days prior to arrival. If this is the case, you will be placed in mandatory quarantine.
- You must carry a printed document of proof of the mandatory steps at all times during your travel.
- You must be adequately insured for medical care and any additional costs if you are quarantined or become ill during your stay.
- No cruise passengers are currently admitted.
- If you do not meet the above conditions, you may be quarantined on arrival. This is entirely at your own expense.
During your stay in Curaçao
- If you are tested positive for COVID-19 during your stay in Curaçao, you will be quarantined immediately.
- All the tourist facilities follow ‘A Dushi Stay, the Healthy Way’ guidelines to guarantee safety for visitors and staff, while making you feel welcome in a relaxed and safe environment.
- If you are in Curaçao and you start to show any symptoms related to COVID-19 (dry cough, fever, tiredness, sore throat, headache, loss of taste or smell) you are to immediately contact the health authority (GGD) by calling 9345.
- Visitors will be asked to practice frequent hand hygiene and will have access to handwashing facilities with soap, single-use paper towels or automatic dryers for drying and alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Distancing measures are in place in all public spaces on the island. That means a 2 meter (6 feet) distance between people is to be kept at all times.
- In case the 2 meter (6 feet) distance cannot be kept, visitors are asked to wear face masks.
Restaurants, bars, beach clubs and other hospitality facilities are open for business adhering to normal opening hours. Guests are asked to make reservations in advance.
- Transport to and from the airport is performed according to guidelines. You may rent a car and move freely on the island.
We have created a handy infographic that will show you which measures are in place and how your journey will look like. Click here to find out.