WILLEMSTAD - ECO Destination Management Services of Aruba & Curacao in close collaboration with various Curaçaoan partners, appreciated the honor of hosting 15 international buyers, on Curaçao.
Originally, Cathy Jones, President of Site Southeast Chapter reached out to ECO DMS in August 2019, she wanted Wichita Villacres to chair an Incentive Conference Experience, ICE, in August 2020.
The plan actually came to fruition in September 2021, when Curaçao treated the ICE attendees to an innovative program, sustainably-themed, highlighting the island’s beauty and environmental practices.
Immediately after a three-day Site SE, ICE Aruba experience, attendees flew over to Curaçao. Airline tickets were provided by the Curacao Tourism Board. Janine De Windt, of the Curaçao Tourism Board, is forever willing to host and entertain client events, and provided the excellent support needed to put an important itinerary together. Janine is famous for her knowledge, understanding and support of the MICE, Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions, market for Curaçao.
Divi Air provided airport assistance in both Aruba and Curaçao. It conducted generous giveaways mid-air, and handed out delicious cookies. The plane flew over Curaçao, and delighted its passengers with a lovely view of the island from the air.
A special VIP itinerary was prepared for the buyers with fun transfers from the airport to their hotel in Vintage cars.
A number of Curaçao properties contributed generously to the itinerary:
- Corendon, soon to be Curio by Hilton, gave the group a warm welcome, and a day at the beach and pool, with music by a local Saxophonist. Director of Sales, Mauricio Almonacid, presented the resort’s Farm to Table concept, at a delicious lunch, and reviewed the resort’s sustainable practices.
- Dreams Hotel, as the group’s host hotel, received attendees with a Flash Mob dance, cool local drinks and an overview of the hotel facilities and amenities, right before the welcome reception.
- On the group’s second day, the health and wellness theme was highlighted at a Yoga session with Maura Zhang, of the Curaçao Tourist Board.
- A fabulously planned and executed Walking Experience followed, as ECO DMS understood the value of a truly authentic experience. It took place in picturesque Punda, Willemstad. Attendees snapped pictures with colorful murals by local artists, sipped iced coconuts at the Floating Market, and appreciated some time to shop. Among the day’s highlights, the visit to the Jewish Synagogue, Mikve Israel-Emanuel, a popular tourist attraction since 1730.
- Renaissance Curaçao Resort & Casino stepped up to the plate, and showcased its cocktails with locally made Blue Curaçao Liquor, at the historic Rif Fort. Lunch on the beach was followed by massages at the spa and some unstructured beach time, which the group welcomed after the exhilarating walking experience
- Curaçao Marriott Beach Resort surprised the group with a sunset sailing trip, which started at Dreams dock, and ended back at the hotel for a reception, following a leisurely sail.
- Upon disembarkation, hotel management invited the group to grab a locally made drink and head for dinner on the beach, entertained by a dazzling Fire Cirque, henna tattoos and more interactive surprises.
- Throughout the 3-day ICE experience, transportation partner, Bon Bini Transfer Curaçao, was greatly supportive, providing efficient and timely transport between host locations.
ECO DMS and its entire team in Curaçao, believes that sustainability protects our ecosystem, preserves natural resources and improves the quality of our lives for future generations. The company applauds Site SE, https://sitesoutheast.com, for the initiative and supports its purpose. “We were happy to collaborate with the SITE Southeast chapter, and increase our commitment to Curaçao as a sustainable destination for our future clients,” states Villacres, on behalf of her staffers. Villacres also expressed profound gratitude to her staffers for the effort made, executing the complex program with great finesse and skill.
Post departure, ECO DMS, management and team members received many thank-you notes expressing much appreciation for the authentic educational experience. The spectacular implementation of the program, and more importantly, exceeding expectations of all attendees, landed ECO DMS warm praise and many compliments.